[ltp] Re: [X61] Harddisk upgrade

Sebastian Geiger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:56:39 +0200

<head>
</head>
How can I know which drives do have this firmware? I would like to be
able to use the APS after the upgrade.<br>
Stefan Monnier wrote:
 cite="mid:jwvy74vn7jg.fsf-monnier+gmane.linux.hardware.thinkpad@gnu.org"
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Harddisk. Now my question is where I can buy any harddisk on the market, or
if I have to care for certain specifications?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
IIUC there are a few Thinkpad models which require drives with
special firmware.  But the X61 is not among them.  Also some Thinkpads
prefer drives with special firmware and/or features like APS, but they
still work just fine with any drive (of the right size, obviously).

        Stefan

  </pre>