[ltp] debian on 600X

T Biehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 02:34:43 -0400

To clarify, DWM is a flexible tagging based tiling window manager. You
can assign tags to your windows then display or hide them based on
their tags, there are multiple styles of automatic tiling and an
option to display windows 'floating.' Apps can be launched either
through keyboard shortcut bindings, a term, or a launcher. Suckless's
dmenu is pretty slick, you can rig it up to do text completion on all
the bins. As in, typing fire will usually give you firefox etc.

It's lightning quick and great for laptops, as there is very little
mouse movement necessary. For maximum keyboard pimping I hook up
vimperator and firefox, which makes firefox have vi-like keybindings
for navigating links & text.