[ltp] X61s power consumption

Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:43:57 +0200

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 20:41:48 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:

[...]

> 2. dark display (not very usable, though)
>
> xbacklight -set 0

I noticed that xbacklight -set 0 behaves different with different
setups on the same hardware. With a kernel from Debian unstable
(2.6.25), the level 0 was quite dark, but readable in a dark
environment. With a custom kernel (also 2.6.25), setting it to 0 gives
a completly dark screen, just the window borders are visible a little
bit.

As I don't want to measure the power consumption of an unusable
computer, I always use a brightness that is still usable. So the above
command should be adjusted to something that gives a somewhat usable
bightness when comparing numbers.

Regards,
Tino