[ltp] Occasional lockups

Tony Chang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:41:45 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8D7B3.E6CF00D7

Let me start by apologizing for the slightly off-topic nature of my =
email, but people on this list seem to have their wits about them far =
better than other Thinkpad groups I've seen.

I have two Thinkpads, a T60 and T60p.  The T60 runs Windows XP SP2 and =
the T60p runs Ubuntu 8.04 on 2.6.24-19.  They are both running BIOS =
79ETE2WW.
Both of these machines occasionally lockup with inconsistent frequency.  =
When this happens, the mouse stops working, all input on the keyboard =
stops working, and the video locks up.  I did notice that fn+ScrLk (to =
turn on/off NmLk) still works, though.

Since this problem happens in both Linux and Windows I don't believe =
it's the OS but I'm hoping someone here has run into a similar issue and =
can provide some guidance and/or URLs.=20

Thanks,

Tony

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8D7B3.E6CF00D7

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7651.59">
<TITLE>[ltp] Occasional lockups</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Let me start by apologizing for the slightly off-topic =
nature of my email, but people on this list seem to have their wits =
about them far better than other Thinkpad groups I've seen.<BR>
<BR>
I have two Thinkpads, a T60 and T60p.&nbsp; The T60 runs Windows XP SP2 =
and the T60p runs Ubuntu 8.04 on 2.6.24-19.&nbsp; They are both running =
BIOS 79ETE2WW.<BR>
Both of these machines occasionally lockup with inconsistent =
frequency.&nbsp; When this happens, the mouse stops working, all input =
on the keyboard stops working, and the video locks up.&nbsp; I did =
notice that fn+ScrLk (to turn on/off NmLk) still works, though.<BR>
<BR>
Since this problem happens in both Linux and Windows I don't believe =
it's the OS but I'm hoping someone here has run into a similar issue and =
can provide some guidance and/or URLs.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
<BR>
Tony<BR>