[ltp] 250GB disk in T43, anyone?

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:15:45 -0300

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Matthias Runge wrote:
> This question may sound silly, but I wonder if anyone has tried a SATA
> disk directly (instead of using the PATA-SATA-bridge)

Where would you plug it?  There appears to have some bay adapters for the
T43 that advertise themselves as SATA, but we only know for sure the T60
supports such a bay adapter natively.  Until someone gets one and report, we
are assuming there are now bay adapters with a PATA-SATA bridge for the T43.

(and no, they are not from Lenovo :p).

For the internal bay, AFAIK, you'd need to hard-hack your planar card in a
very non-nice way to bypass the bridge and route the SATA signals to the HD.

  Henrique Holschuh