[ltp] Switching video output on a T23

Hannes Kuhnert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:31:13 +0200

In the past I could get LCD and VGA switched on simultaneously on a T23, at=
=20
least at one with XGA display. (I own one with SXGA+ display). I did that v=
ia=20
the /proc interface of the ibm-acpi linux kernel modul.

It seems that ibm-acpi isn=E2=80=99t included in newer kernels anymore and =
userspace=20
software shall be used instead. That=E2=80=99s why I tried s3switch (on the=
 SXGA+=20
machine).

S3switch can switch the output port, but =E2=80=9Cs3switch lcd crt=E2=80=9D=
 lets the VGA port=20
be the exclusively active output port. The status message of s3switch=20
*always* claims the LCD was active and nothing else.

<http://probo.com/timr/savage40.html> says: =E2=80=9Cs3switch still cannot =
switch to=20
LCD plus CRT on the IBM T23 with the 1400x1050 panel. IBM is loaning me a=20
laptop so I can chase this down. Hopefully.=E2=80=9D An interesting detail =
concerning=20
the last two sentences is the fact that the last modification of the site w=
as=20
done in 2003.

I also tried RandR but couldn=E2=80=99t yet find out anything useful.

What happend with the video code of ibm-acpi?

Does anyone know anything interesting about this issue?
=2D-=20
Hannes Kuhnert, Chemnitz, Germany