[ltp] Switching video output on a T23

Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:41:41 -0400

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Hannes Kuhnert
<hannes@froschmaschine.net> wrote:
> Alex Deucher schrieb:
>> s3switch calls the same video bios functions that the apci methods call.
>
> That seems obvious.
>
> Do you have an idea what the XP driver may do? (That's interesting because it
> can switch on both outputs at once.)

It uses a separate crtc for each head (separate timings).  The xorg
driver can do this to, but only supports zaphod mode dualhead at the
moment.  I had some patches way back when to support mergedfb on the
savage driver, but I never got them cleaned up and integrated.  At
this point it would probably be better to add xrandr 1.2 support.
It's not a big task, since the driver already supports dualhead, but I
don't think I'll have the time anytime soon.

Alex