[ltp] Smartcard reader in pccard-slot

Fredrik Wendt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 01:03:18 +0200

--=-qWHzv+hG874u2Y6UGl80

Hi.

One-liner: Do you know of a smartcard reader that comes as a PC-card?
(Must be supported by libopensc2 and gpgsc.)

Bla bla version:
My T61 (6466-5VG) running Ubuntu Hardy lacks five things (of which I've
learned to live with four):

[a] linux drivers that enables wifi war driving: I use external USB wifi
plugs if I need to do this
(lspci: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev
02))

[b] 1680x... resolution (someone must've made a mistake, it's only
1280x800)

[c] tv-out - this was more useful than I ever thought it'd be (though
used privately, not in my field of work): use my fiance's laptop instead

[d] 3G connection card (HDSPA): I'm using my SonyEricsson M600 with a
broken touch display as a modem (over blueooth!) if wifi is missing

[e] smartcard reader

I've come across a great smartcard reader that connects to a USB slot
but this is really something I'd like to be more ubiquitous, and I'm
hoping that someone on this list knows what I could get instead. Ideally
I'm looking for a PC-Card thing that doesn't extend outside of the slot
so it can be plugged in at all times. I'll primarily use it for ssh and
gpg, though I've read and heard (and simple testing) that my electronic
ID should work (declare taxes etc) as well.

Thanks in advance, any pointers are very welcome!

/ Fredrik Wendt

--=-qWHzv+hG874u2Y6UGl80

--=-qWHzv+hG874u2Y6UGl80--