[ltp] tp-scroll

Stephan Holl linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:02:04 +0100

Hello Thinkpad-gurus,

I am trying to use tp-scroll on my x61 and I do have partly success.
When I configure it like stated in the readme, it works perfect (beside
the fact, that I need to create the fifo after each reboot manually).

But when adding a second mouse (usb-mouse) the scrollwheel on my
external mouse does not work.
Here is my xorg.conf-part:

# Original-Mouse
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse1"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "scroll"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/imouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
[...]

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        InputDevice     "scroll"
EndSection

Does anybody have any clue how to solve this issue? I like to have both
scrolling-methods working.

btw. why does tp-scroll not create its fifo by himself during startup?

Best regards

	Stephan