[ltp] Running with line power and no battery

Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:22:15 -0300

Hi Adam!

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008, Adam Sloboda wrote:

> At Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:26:05 +0100,
> Dom  wrote:
> [snip]
> > And BTW, thanks - I just discovered the sensors.conf file and now I
> > have a similar sensors output except that I have no way to figure out
> > what temperatures number 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 show on my Z61m -
> > I've searched the Internet unsuccessfully - is there any way to find
> > out this maybe from IBM, err... Lenovo?
> > I'm not keen on opening my ThinkPad, finding them on my own and then
> > cooling them down while having the ThinkPad on... [?? is that how
> > Milos Popovic did it with his A31 (as reported in ThinkWiki article
> > titled Thermal Sensors)?]
>
> gkrellm names most of sensors (and they certainly aren't from
> lm-sensors and match numbers from /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal).

I'd recommend the weirdo living behind the bridge as a better bet for blind
faith than *anything* in a monitoring applet.

You can guess a few of the sensors, they seem to be somewhat standard on
*most* thinkpads (see the thinkpad-acpi docs or thinkwiki).  But if you want
to be able to get to this level:

thinkpad-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
fan1:                3067 RPM
CPU:                  +42.0°C
LAN/Heatsink/HDAPS:   +41.0°C
PC-CARD slot:         +32.0°C
GPU:                  +45.0°C
Main battery charger: +31.0°C
Bay battery charger:  +30.0°C
Main battery cells:   +25.0°C
Bay battery cells:    +29.0°C
MCH:                  +40.0°C
PLL clock/ICH/WLAN:   +45.0°C
Voltage regulator:    +40.0°C

Then you need to open up the ThinkPad, find the location of the sensors, and
also look at everything near the sensor.  The above is for a 26xx T43,
*only*.

BTW, on the above, I am draining the bay battery.  The main battery is idle.

  Henrique Holschuh