[ltp] Running with line power and no battery

Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:25:22 -0300

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 19:10 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > You mean drain one of them dry, then plug the other?  The executives
> > I've seen around do it *all* the time.  It is only on AC when they are
> > at their desks, or when they run out of batteries.
>
> No, I mean drain it dry until the OS itself tells you that it has no
> more power, *THEN* run the Battery Rundown tool on it (to deplete the
> remaining hour-or-so of battery life from the battery), then charge it
> back to full again with the laptop off.

Ah, no, no executive would ever bother to do it.

And nobody sane would do it either as the usual mode of operation on Li-ION.
As I sad, the IBM tech support guy was operating on bad information (he is
still in a NiMH world).

  Henrique Holschuh