[ltp] Running with line power and no battery

Dom linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:17:05 +0100

Adam Sloboda wrote:
> At Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:26:05 +0100,
> Dom  wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> And BTW, thanks - I just discovered the sensors.conf file and now I
>> have a similar sensors output except that I have no way to figure out
>> what temperatures number 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 show on my Z61m -
>> I've searched the Internet unsuccessfully - is there any way to find
>> out this maybe from IBM, err... Lenovo?
>> I'm not keen on opening my ThinkPad, finding them on my own and then
>> cooling them down while having the ThinkPad on... [?? is that how
>> Milos Popovic did it with his A31 (as reported in ThinkWiki article
>> titled Thermal Sensors)?]
>>

> gkrellm names most of sensors (and they certainly aren't from
> lm-sensors and match numbers from /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal).
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Hi Adam, that's exactly what I did. Wanted to have a constant view on
this temperatures (instead of running a 'sensors' command every time)
and after few of the solutions didn't work I installed gkrellm, and out
of the box, it showed me temperatures for BAT1 (charger), BAT2 (cells),
CPU, GPU, HDD and PCI - and all I had to do is compare them with sensors
output.

Considering gkrellm shows correct info (where does it get it from?) that
still leaves me with values 9, 10 and 11. I'm thinking I'll be able to
isolate Wireless adapter by comparing the temperatures when using
Wireless with those after I shut it down with the hardware switch.

--
Dom
http://domdelimar.com