[ltp] Display brightness

Joerg Platte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:08:46 +0100

Hi,

sometimes when changing the brightness of my T40 the system load increases.
This happens, because somehow the brightness levels stored in the CMOS and
the EC are out of sync and the kernel prints thousands of warnings like the
following one:

thinkpad_acpi: CMOS NVRAM (6) and EC (5) do not agree on display brightness
level

Is it possible to print this warning only once or on each brightness change
instead of printing it all the time until the values are back in sync? Or
even better, is it possible to resolve this problem automatically in
thinkpad_acpi? For example, when I'm changing the brightness to its maximum
value then the warning disappears.

regards,
Jörg

--
PGP Key: send mail with subject 'SEND PGP-KEY' PGP Key-ID: FD 4E 21 1D
PGP Fingerprint: 388A872AFC5649D3 BCEC65778BE0C605