[ltp] Display brightness

Joerg Platte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 23:56:52 +0100

Am Montag, 3. März 2008 schrieben Sie:
> Hmm, load thinkpad-acpi with brightness_enable=0.  That will give you the
> hotkeys, but no backlight interface.  What happens then?

When pressing the brightness keys KDE reports the current brightness level,
but kpowersave is still not able to alter the brightness. Looks like it
depends on thinkpad_acpi on thinkpads. I'm not sure, if this can be a
problem, but kpowersave does not directly set the configured brightness,
instead it increases or decreases the current brightness to the configured
level (looks like a sequence of echo up/down > /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness).
Maybe some time when altering the brightness like this I moved the mouse and
an up and an down request is sent more or less at the same time and this
confuses thinkpad_acpi?

regards,
Jörg