[ltp] How difficult is it to change a screen ?

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
04 Mar 2008 11:52:02 +0100

Hi,

I got an used X31, but the screen is used.
There is no dead pixels but a lot of little shocks inside the lcd device.

How difficult is it to change this screen ?

I have already change the keyboard bezel of my T42, but I never
umount the mother-board nor the screen.

Is it twice difficult/long ? much more difficult ?

I launch the query << lcd x31 >> in ebay,
and I don't know how to choice.
How are the used screen ? full clean or almost clean ?
Some object have the x31 cover, and other are only the lcd panel...
What are the tips I must look at ?
Can I get the right screen with $120 or 80 EUR ? and with $200 or 150 EUR ?

Many thanks for your help. This test is new for me.

F. in France.