[ltp] How difficult is it to change a screen ?

Ted Frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Mar 2008 03:13:21 +0000

Francois Maltey wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I got an used X31, but the screen is used.
>There is no dead pixels but a lot of little shocks inside the lcd device.
>
>How difficult is it to change this screen ?
>
>I have already change the keyboard bezel of my T42, but I never
>umount the mother-board nor the screen.
>
>Is it twice difficult/long ? much more difficult ?
>
>I launch the query << lcd x31 >> in ebay,
>and I don't know how to choice.
>How are the used screen ? full clean or almost clean ?
>Some object have the x31 cover, and other are only the lcd panel...
>What are the tips I must look at ?
>Can I get the right screen with $120 or 80 EUR ? and with $200 or 150 EUR ?
>
>Many thanks for your help. This test is new for me.
>
>F. in France.

To change the screen is no more than 30 mins for you.
 For me, 15 mins as I m a thinkpad dealer/repairer.
 The problem is buying a GOOD replacement screen .
 Ebay can be ok but it also can be a thief's charter.
There is the real problem.
how to changethe screen isbest looked up in the hardware cmaintennce manual.
 There are pictures and sequence of operations.
follow this and you will be ok.
Ted
 Dorset
UK.