[ltp] wireless on kubuntu hardy

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:41:02 -0800

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:14:26 -0500
Joe Zien <jozien@comcast.net> dijo:

> I have a ThinkPad T60 and I am runing wireless on mepis 7.0 with no problem.
> Downloaded kubuntu hardy and can't get wireless to work.
> I never could get wireless to work on this laptop in any ubuntu
> distributation.
> If wireless works in every version of mepis, why not in ubuntu, both
> debian systems.
> Any help would be appreciated.

I doubt this will help you directly, but at least I can offer some
suggestions.

The first thing you need to do is figure out what drivers and stuff
Mepis is loading to get wireless working. Start with "lspci" at the
command line, and also "lsmod." Make note of anything related to the
wireless.

Then I would suggest going to the Ubuntu forums and post in the Laptop
and Hardware forum what Mepis is doing and ask why (K)Ubuntu is not
doing it. When you figure out the answer you can not only fix your own
installation of Kubuntu, you can add the information to Launchpad so
developers of the next version will realize that the enhancement is
needed.