[ltp] OT: Linux Jobs in Europe (Germany)

Peter Lemken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:28:19 +0100

Sorry, if this is not strictly Linux-Thinkpad related (This posting is written
on a T60 running Mandriva Cooker), but I can't think of a better target
audience.

I am currently on a retainer from a large, multinational Telco Enterprise
based in Germany that is 90% based on Open Source Software in its
infrastructure. The company runs a number of data centers with more than
50.000 servers and is in desperate need of competent administrators, security
engineers, network engineers, programmers and other tech related jobs.

The job market in Germany is full of people with Microsoft certificates, but
those with Linux knowledge are impossible to find, since the demand is way
higher than the supply. The company is willing to hire savvy people from
overseas and sponsor the visa application, but finding these people is the
problem. All the regular job pages do not offer me any competent geeks that
are willing to relocate to Europe.

Question: How do I reach my target audience. i.e. Linux guys willing to go for
an adventure in Europe, learn a new language, appreciate a new cultural
experience and broaden their knowledge by working for a high tech company?

TIA,

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Stuttgart