[ltp] exiting single user mode

Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:07:21 -0300

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008, Haines Brown wrote:
> > or press and hold the power button for > 5 seconds.
>
> Thanks, Richard. It seems the power button long press failed me. I had
> forgotten the use of the magic SysRq key.

It is a >10s press for hard power-off by the EC.  >4s for an ACPI "power
butto was pressed" event, and a fast touch to get the EC to wake up an
sleeping machine or turn on the thinkpad.

These timings vary slightly (e.g, it could be a >9s button press for hard
power-off, or >3s to do an ACPI button notification).

  Henrique Holschuh