[ltp] OT: Linux Jobs in Europe (Germany)

Peter Lemken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 21:32:42 +0100

On Saturday 08 March 2008 17:12:28 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008, Philippe Cl=E9ri=E9 wrote:
> > Just how far are you casting your net?
>
> Indeed.  If you are casting your net as far as over the Atlantic, and the
> pay is good (and includes friendly terms for people who do pro-bono
> free-software work on the side), you could even manage to snatch a Linux
> kernel/Debian developer/electrical engineer that takes care of the
> thinkpad-acpi driver ;-)

I had actually hoped to have made this clear enough in my original posting:=
 I=20
want to reach my target audience irrespective of any geographical or=20
demographic context and would like to encourage international applications=
=20
from any part of the world.

The only culprit is the language. It is imperative that you speak at least=
=20
some basic German and that you are willing to expand your command of the=20
language in due course in order to be able to follow meetings, read mails a=
nd=20
reply to them and communicate in a friendly way to those on staff not worki=
ng=20
in a technical area.

Since the company's technical infrastructure is based on Open Source=20
solutions, you can most certainly expect a very welcoming attitude for=20
contributions to OSS projects.

As to the financial side, I believe that the company offers very attractive=
=20
conditions. Most overseas candidates have an incredulous look when they hea=
r=20
about the usual 5-6 weeks of paid vacations in a German company and the=20
current exchange rate of the Euro vs Dollar makes moving to Europe quite=20
attractive not only to Americans.

Anyway, let me take this opportunity and thank all those who have inquired=
=20
about details via e-Mail and those who actually decided to submit their=20
applications.

Peter Lemken
Stuttgart