[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:42:35 -0500

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 22:32 +0100, Tobi wrote:
> ...I was recommended to take a look at the Lenovo T60 / T61.

I just received my T61p and X61s literally 3 days ago, and I'm liking
them so far. I'm in the process of blowing away the Vista install on the
T61p (literally, right beside me as I type this) to install Ubuntu Hardy
Heron onto it to replace my T42p (also running Hardy).

It's a bit heavier than my T42p, which was unexpected, but the
resolution is definitely purty! :)

Even at full brightness though, I can already see that the screen on the
T61p is nowhere near as bright as my 3+ year old T42p however. :(

I'll report back on my successes/failures as I go.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com