[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Michael B Allen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:25:30 -0500

On 3/8/08, Petr Praus <p.praus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, your issue with 4965AGN is quite strange, because I use my R61
>  with 4965AGN running SuSE Linux 10.3 to connect to our WiFi network on
>  daily basis without any problem at all. It was just a matter of
>  installing two packages (iwl4965-ucode and iwlwifi) - there's really
>  no need to compile your own kernel ;)
>  Same applies for Gentoo and Arch which I ran before SuSE (= no need to
>  do anything special - just install two packages)

OK. I'm glad to hear that.

I'm currently running CentOS 5.1 on that machine which is kernel
2.6.18. I think when RH establishes a kernel for a major version they
stick to it. Perhaps when 5.2 comes out it'll have the driver. As it
is now, CentOS does not have any stock packages with "4965" or "wifi"
in the name.

Mike