[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Michael B Allen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:00:58 -0400

On 3/9/08, George Yanos <george@yanos.com> wrote:
> * Christoph Lechleitner <lech@ibcl.at> [2008-03-09 20:19:53 +0100]:
>

>  >
>  > If anyone can name us a European source for thinkpads with Intel GPU,
>  > 1920x1200 and 4 GB RAM, I'd consider buying a new one at once, while my
>  > existing one is still worth selling away.

>  I looked around on the us web pages thinking I'd want one too, but I
>  failed to find any.  If anyody knows of such a model I'd appreciate
>  hearing what it is.

I don't think there's any such thing. Just from memory I think there
are 5 widescreen video / display configurations (for the T61 series
anyway):

1,2) WXGA 1440x900 w/ Intel or Nvidia [1]
3,4) WSXGA+ 1680x1050 w/ Intel or Nvidia
5) WUXGA 1920x1200 w/ Nvidia (only the "p" model)

So you can't get the Intel GPU with WUXGA. If I had to guess I'd say
it looks like Nvidia is needed to drive the WUXGA display.

Mike

[1] I'm not sure about the specific WXGA resolution.

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO