[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:54:44 -0400

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 19:44 +0100, Petr Praus wrote:
> There's just one problem with Intel GPUs: It's very difficult to buy
> recent ThinkPad (*61) with WSXGA (1680x1050) non-glossy display and
> Intel GPU (not to mention T61p with 1920x1200).

My brand-new T61p is 1920x1200 without a glossy screen, and it runs
bee-yootiful with Ubuntu, straight out of the box. EVERYTHING just
worked perfectly (nvidia drivers autodetected, suspend/resume,
hibernate, sound and wireless).

I even set it up from the start with an encrypted rootfs, where the
encrypted partition is an LVM VG which contains 3 individual LVs. No
problems at all with that configuration. Partition authentication is
seamlessly integrated with usplash now as well.

If this machine had the "glossy" screen, I would have immediately sent
it back without even powering it on for the very first time.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com