[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:14:54 +0100

> Ubuntu does update every few months... but you don't have to reinstall.
> You just run an upgrade which has never failed in my experience. And
> you're not left in the dust, they support the LTS versions for quite a
> while (a year maybe) with security updates etc.

Normal releases are supported at least a year, usually longer (still
getting security updates for non-LTS edgy 6.10, 15 months old now).

LTS releases are supported 3 years on desktop, 5 years on server.

Regards Christoph