[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:20:36 +0100

> My brand-new T61p is 1920x1200 without a glossy screen, and it runs
> bee-yootiful with Ubuntu, straight out of the box. EVERYTHING just
> worked perfectly (nvidia drivers autodetected, suspend/resume,
> hibernate, sound and wireless).

That's odd, hibernate (AKA suspend to disk) do not work for most Ubuntu
users including me, WLAN and volume control are known to be erratic,
there are some discussions and launchpad entries on these bits.

What are the versions of your BIOS and kernel please?
(BIOS: See at boot time, Kernel: uname -a)

Regards Christoph