[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 Mar 2008 20:42:50 -0800

Michael B Allen wrote:

> I just got a new T61 and the Intel 4965AGN wireless doesn't work. The
> driver isn't even in any distro Kernel I know of.
Maybe not in the kernel, but the current 4965AGN driver installs
automatically in OpenSuSE 10.3, including 64-bit.  Maybe you don't believe
in distros which support both 32- and 64-bit.  The driver doesn't support
802.11b, but it's satisfactory with 802.11g.
I understand there is also an Ubuntu 32-bit distro with 4965AGN support,
likely also FC8, and SLES10 SP2 (definitely not SP1).

I guess the 64-bit distros aren't good for battery life on T61; except for
that, I find it difficult understanding why they are ignored on this list.
  But I do think there is a range of distros to consider for wireless support.