[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:38:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, Phil Shotton wrote:

> I run a T60 and a T60p - with Ubuntu (Feisty, then Gutsy). The main things to
> watch are:

>   * Graphics cards - the main problem. NVidia cards work fine (I
>     believe) but be prepared for some grief with ATI cards especially
>     if you want twin-head and/or hardware 3D. With my T60p the only
>     way I could get decent twin-head graphics support was by compiling
>     the very latest radeon drivers.

I have a T60 running Fedora 8. Using the ATI driver packaged by livna.org,
I have 3D, desktop effects, and suspend/resume working nearly perfectly.
(Lately, sometimes upon resume, the disk thrases for as long as I have let
it so far, but logging out stops the activity. I don't know if it's
related to the video driver or not.)

I have not tried dual displays.

Chris