[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:41:11 -0500 (CDT)

oops...

> Tobi wrote:

>> ...I was recommended to take a look at the Lenovo T60 / T61.

>> features or missing drivers? Any trouble running a 64-bit Linux?

Any T60 or later should run 64-bit Linux. I believe even the Core Solo
that an early T60 has should run it, but IIRC it's only clocked at 1.6GHz.

Drivers are coming along for 64-bit Linux, but I haven't tried it yet.

Keep in mind the T60 will "only" use 3GB of RAM even with a 64-bit OS, but
a T61 can use 4GB but only with a 64-bit OS.

Chris