[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:21:38 +0100

Adam Sloboda schrieb:
> At Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:42:03 +0100,
> Christoph Lechleitner wrote:
> [snip]
>> Other programs unavailable in 64bit (but run most of the time, using
>> ia32-cages) include Opera, Skype, GoogleEarth, Acrobat Reader, and
>> RealPlayer.
>> Of course those are all from very small firms incapable of compiling
>> 64bit binaries ...
>
> 1) Opera 9.50 (beta) is available for amd64 and works with 32b Flash
>    almost flawlessly (there are some other annoying bugs introduced
>    recently though :/).

That's new to me.
Where can I get this?
On opera.com there's only the i386 package.

> 2) What is meant by cage?  There are packaged important ia32 libraries
>    on Debian and I have used Opera with it without any problems.

Yes that's what I meant. In the beginning all 32bit binaries had to be
called through linux32 to get their libraries, and linux32 creates kind
of a chroot thing. "Cage" was the wrong term, sorry.

Regards

Christoph