[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:25:17 +0100

U Kuehn schrieb:
>> Any T60 or later should run 64-bit Linux. I believe even the Core Solo
>> that an early T60 has should run it, but IIRC it's only clocked at 1.6GHz.
>>
>>From my experiences, the Core Duo Processor does not support 64 bit
> mode, but the Core _2_ Duo does.

I can confirm this experience. My MacMini has such a damn not-64-bit
Core not-2 Duo.

Unfortunately Intel makes it difficult to distinguish CPUs with or
without EMT64 and with or without the new virtualization extenstion.

Regards

Christoph