[ltp] Re: What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Jeffrey Franc-Law linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:00:25 +0000

My experience with x60, using the 945GM chipset (t7200 core 2 duo at
2ghz) does NOT see all 4GB of RAM.  Bios shows all 4GB but 64bit linux
does NOT.  It appears to see just over 3GB.  In my perusal of the
internet, I have not seen anyone who go this to work.  Interestingly, I
spoke to someone who had a Mac, it he say it was commen knowledge to Mac
users that this chipset takes only 3gb RAM.

ciao,
jfl

--
Jeffrey Michael Franc-Law, MD, CCFP.EM, D Sport Med, EMDM
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Alberta

PGP key at:
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=jeffrey+franc-law&searchformsubmit=Search

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com