[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 23:54:08 +0100

--------------enigC5D5C5B0BAE3B707491CF06A

David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> If you're going to buy a higher-end machine like this, and battery life=

> is a concern, remember to buy one with _integrated_ graphics, not the
> external graphics adapter.

I'd like to see a reference to some serious measurements about power=20
consumption.

> If you need the higher-speed graphics, you
> can get external video cards now with a USB

Are you joking?

> DVI

DVI is for connecting a screen to an already present graphic adapter,=20
not for connecting another graphic card to the system.

> The roughly 2-hour difference in battery life from integrated vs.
> dedicated can really swing your choice

This is just extremely hard to believe and when comparing to other=20
factual errors in your mail, it seems to me that you made that number=20
up, sorry.

Cheers,
-jkt

--=20