[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:27:04 +0200

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:33:27PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On lun, 2008-03-10 at 11:51 -0400, n8tm@aol.com wrote:
> > lack of support for power saving features and tpctl
>=20
> Are you kidding?
>=20
> (btw I don't even know what is tpctl)
>=20
> Power saving features works perfectly fine on 64bit, thanks
>=20
> Power usage (ACPI estimate): 14,8W (3,6 hours)=20
>=20
> with wifi on, apps running, etc.

I think the original claimant might have thought about tickless kernels
in latest distro releases.  IIRC Ubuntu 7.10 has a 2.6.21 kernel which
is tickless on x86 but not on x86-64.

I haven't personally measured whether it makes any difference in battery
life.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If you want to trick a pointy-haired boss into letting you write software in
Lisp, you could try telling him it's XML.
                -- http://www.paulgraham.com/icad.html

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9--