[ltp] wife router access

Haines Brown linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:17:22 -0400

> I have had this same problem when I boot first in windows then in
> linux....If this is what you did, try resetting the router, or
> unplugging/replugging the router.  I think the problem somehow pertains
> to having the same MAC address coming from two different operating systems.

At first I had the laptop connected to a router by Cat5, but feared it
clouded the issue, for the DNS address seen by the laptop was simply
(and naturally) the address of my router.

The router is a modem that provides my desktop machine with Internet
access. This machine runs debian etch, while the laptop I'm tring to
configure for WiFi runs sidux (debian sid). I don't have dual boot or
any machine that runs Windows.

My description of the situation is when I've disabled WiFi in the
router and there is no longer any physical connection between router
and laptop.

Haines Brown