[ltp] T61: Only with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M :-(

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:01:16 +0100

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 01:37:19PM +0000, Tobi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Thanks for all who gave some hints in the "What to take care of when
> buying a Lenovo?"-thread. This helped me a lot to decide, what I want.
> These are my specs now:
>
> - Intel Core 2 Duo T9300
> - Intel X3100
> - 15,4" WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050)
> - Intel 4965AGN
>
> - 2 x 2 GB (Baught separetly)
> - 320 GB Western Digital (Baught separetly)
>
> I think, this could be a nearly "perfect" Linux-Notebook. I would prefer
> a 400GB or 500GB Hitachi, but I think, the T61 does not support 12,5 mm
> drives.

Hope you don't care too much about battery life :)

> Unfortunately, the above configuration is not available in Germany /
> Europe. I can only get it with a Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M here (NH0E3GE)
> :-(

If you can configure it on us.lenovo.com, you can try to contact
euclidcomputers.com. It's a US-based company, wich can buy the laptop for you
and then send it to Europe. I've done that for my own T61 (8897), then told
this to my sister wich did the same thing. Both were received nicely. You only
pay the price excluding taxes and the shipment, then when you receive it, you
pay the tax at Europe entrance.

They are really nice and reachable by mail if you need more information.

(no ads intended, I only use their services, and it worked fine, they may be
others available, and I have no interest in that :) )

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis