[ltp] T61: Only with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M :-(

Tobi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:04:44 +0100

Chris Schumann schrieb:

> Samsung has just announced[1] a 9.5mm 500GB drive. It started shipping
> March 4 at a price of US$299, which is like what, 25Euro? :)

:-)

> I recently purchased a Samsung 320GB 5400RPM drive (for my T60) instead
> of Seagate or Western Digital because of its lower power consumption and
> I'm very pleased with its performance.

Samsung:
   Read/Write(typical)     2.0 W
   Low Power Idle(typical) 0.6 W
   Standby(typical)        0.25 W

Western Digital:
   Read/Write      2,50 Watt
   Standby         0,25 Watt
   Low Power Idle  0,10 Watt

But I think, typically you have more reading/writing to do, so the
Samsung might indeed be slightly better here. I think the Hitachi 5K320
only has 1,8W/0,55W, but this drive isn't available yet.

Thanks,

Tobias