[ltp] T61: Only with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M :-(

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:51:46 +0100

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:43:16PM +0000, Tobi wrote:
> Yves-Alexis Perez schrieb:
> >If you can configure it on us.lenovo.com, you can try to contact
> >euclidcomputers.com. It's a US-based company, wich can buy the laptop
> >for you
> >and then send it to Europe.
>
> Thanks!
>
> They don't provide such a service on their websites, so I have to call or
> mail them, I assume?

Yes, mail them. Works fine.

> I've read, that Lenove doesn't provide the international warranty anymore
> and I still would need to replace the keyboard with a German one. I'm not
> sure, if this is worth the trouble.

Yeah, I don't exactly know the IWS status. Sometime it's listed for some
countries, sometimes not. I never called my local reseller (lenovo doesn't
sell itself in France :/). And yes I have an us-qwerty keyboard (but as I
wanted one, it's ok for me)

Depends on wether you prefer to buy a Nvidia based thinkpad with us keyboard
or an intel thinkpad with de keyboard :)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis