[ltp] Tightening hinges on Thinkpads

Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:04:01 -0300

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> It has come to my attention that my X61s has "loose hinges". The T42p
> I've used for years has very firm hinges, after being opened and closed
> a million times.
>
> My X61s is less than a week old, and I can flop the screen backward by
> just moving the base of the laptop one way or another as I carry it.
>
> Short of sending it back for repair or replacement, is there a standard
> way of tightening these hinges so they're solid and firm? Has anyone
> done this?

Sorry, can't help you. But if you DO send it back, give them hell about the
bad quality of the product, and compare it with your T42p.  Make sure that
they recorded the complaint and that they will forward it to someone who
will take note of it.  Be a pest about it.

Otherwise, if we keep quiet, in a few years, ThinkPads will just be as good
quality as a Dell you painted black.

  Henrique Holschuh