[ltp] A corrupted or missing Windows config on my A21P

Christian Nilsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:09:18 +0100

Hi!

In my experience (working as a PC tech) this is in many cases a indication of the harddrive going bad....

in some cases a "chkdsk /F /V c:" in the recovery console can fix the problem, if not the next step is to instead of pressing "R" when booting from the CD just press enter, this will go a step further and try to find the previus windows installation, if found you will once again be presented with the option R, otherwise the only thing left will be to do a new install, just follow the steps from the CD.

Hope you get it up and running.

/Christian Nilsson