[ltp] T61: Only with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M :-(

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:41:17 +0200

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:52:27 -0400
"Jimmy Wu" <jimmywu013+linux-thinkpad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Tobi <listaccount@e-tobi.net> wrote:
> [...]
> >  Besides this - are there any known problems with this graphics card on
> >  Linux? Will hibernating work without problems? What about dual head? I
> >  read, that this might by problematic
> >  (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101780). Can I run the
> >  notebook with XOrg dual-headed with 1680 x 1050 on the Notebook and 1280
> >  x 1024 on an external TFT?
>
> I have a T61 with Debian Sid, and hibernating with the nvidia drivers
> does not work.
> If anyone does have this working, I would be very much interested in
> hearing about it.

Same setup, suspend to ram usually works good. Hibernate doesn't work (from
what I gathered from google it no one managed to get this cheep to wake from
hibernation)

Dual head works partially, I got two monitors working side by side quite well
with twin view. Didn't test hardware accelaration though. Screens will also
work overlapping. The two things that didn't work for me (yet) is xinerama,
windows, background and toolbar maximize to two screens (compiz, xfwm4 and
fvwm). The internal screen won't scale in resolution far enough to run an
external barco so I couldn't get presentations to display on an internal and
external screen, I have to disable the internal screen to get proper full
screen on the external one.

I can get the 6 cell battery to last around 3 hours of normal work, didn't get
around to fully optimize battery mode though so it may be possible to squeeze
out a little bit more.