[ltp] x60 tp_smapi 0.36 hdaps axis orientation

Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:04:02 -0300

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Niels Heinemann wrote:
> just  to  document   it  somewhere:  my  x60  (no   x60s  no  tablet)
> needed   a  small   change   in   tp_smapi's  hdaps   implementation
> (tp_smapi-0.36/hdaps.c):
>
> =====8<---------
> 798c798
> -       HDAPS_DMI_MATCH_INVERT("LENOVO", "ThinkPad X60", HDAPS_ORIENT_SWAP | HDAPS_ORIENT_INVERT_X),
> +       HDAPS_DMI_MATCH_INVERT("LENOVO", "ThinkPad X60", HDAPS_ORIENT_INVERT_Y),
> =====8<---------
>
> now it works w/o invert=1 param.

As a rule, always add the following information:

1. *full* ThinkPad model number
2. BIOS and EC version

to any HDAPS axis reports.  It looks like there are a lot of X60 planar card
revisons out there with different axis orientations or somesuch, for
example.

And since the EC firmware *CAN* do whatever it wants to the accelerometer
readouts, its version number is also relevant.

  Henrique Holschuh