[ltp] Ultrabay & crash after suspend-to-ram (with solution)

Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:07:45 -0300

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Nils wrote:
> if somebody encounters the problem of a blinking cursor after resuming from
> suspend-to-ram it can be this error:
>
> You can reproduce it with the following steps:
> - insert a dvd ultrabay device
> - insert a cd or dvd
> - mount the device
> - => 1st suspend-to-ram
>  (... sleep ...)
> - => 1st wake up
> - umount the device
> - echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_device/1:0:0:0/device/delete
> - echo eject > /sys/devices/platform/bay.0/eject
> - remove the ultrabay device
> - => 2st suspend-to-ram
>  (... sleep ...)
> - => 2nd wake up
> - system is crashed with a blinking cursor in the left corner
>
> *****
> I found the following solution: After removing the device I do
> everytime an echo "0 0 0" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host1/scan
> and then it works fine.
> You can also add the command e.g. in /etc/acpi/sleep.sh and then it's startet
> automatically before every suspend-to-ram action. It doesn't matter if it's
> needed or not.
> *****

Looks like a kernel bug to me.  Which kernel?  I think 2.6.24 and 2.6.25 has
some borkage in this area.  If it is the same problem, people know about it
and are trying to fix it AFAIK.

Good to know of a workaround, though.  Thanks.

  Henrique Holschuh