[ltp] UPS signals for shutdown

Helmut Hullen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
16 Mar 2008 12:49:00 +0100

Hallo, Henrique,

Du meintest am 15.03.08 zum Thema Re: [ltp] UPS signals for shutdown:

>> when the battery goes low it sends some signals. Can I use these
>> signals for a controlled shutdown?

> Yes, but not easily.

> First you need to identify the signals

Maybe that's the biggest problem. I've never heard or read any hint
about these signals.

> So far so good.  The real crap happens when the thinkpad is
> suspended.

Ok - I've never worked with suspending, but I have to remember.

> One way to avoid problems with suspend-to-RAM is to do a
> suspend-to-RAM- and-disk (aka RediSafe).

In my very special case pure shutdown would be enough. But first (as you
had mentioned) I should know which signal I have to watch.

Thank you!

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut