[ltp] T60 lockups (ACPI?)

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 00:27:21 -0400 (EDT)

> The machine is a T60p, which has been running Ubuntu Feisty fairly
> reliably for 6 months. (I'm using the VESA driver, so no weird
> proprietary things either)

Slight tangent... but how did you get the VESA driver to do ANYTHING
other than 640x480?

I tried everything I could think of; adding custom modelines, tweaking
VertRefresh/HorizRefresh and everything else I could think of...
nothing seemed to work. No matter what I did, the VESA driver seems
hard-coded for 640x480, max.

So I'm stuck with the proprietary Nvidia driver, which no longer
suspends with the latest versions of xorg/kernel/acpi. Arg!