[ltp] T60 lockups (ACPI?)

Mon, 17 Mar 2008 04:49:33 +0000

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Richard Neill wrote:
>> Any thoughts? Do I have dodgy hardware?
>
> Unless a pen drive in a slot, being docked, using a different HD or device
> in the bay, or operating in an area with more radio traffic with the radios
> on are possibilities, then yes, dodgy hardware is the *only* explanation
> left.

Thanks for the confirmation. It's definitely none of the above. I'll
take advantage of the 3-year warranty once I get back from holiday.

What's weird is how it could fail in this way. Motherboards are usually
either dead, or they aren't. This one seems to be partly non-functional,
and only intermittently so. Why would the acpi=off,noapic,nolapic
combination fix this?

Richard

P.S. Does this mean I've also been unfair on the ATI fglrx driver by
blaming it for past crashes?