[ltp] continuing problems with CF cards in a PCMCIA adapter

Peter F. Patel-Schneider linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:36:11 -0400 (EDT)

From: Mendel Cooper <thegrendel@theriver.com>
Subject: Re: [ltp] continuing problems with CF cards in a PCMCIA adapter
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:34:28 -0700 (MST)

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
> > There have been quite a few reports (inclding from me) that CF cards in
> > a PCMCIA adapter don't work.
>
> Well, they *do* work in a combo card reader (CF, SD, etc.) plugged
> into a USB-PCMCIA adapter. TP 770Z and TP A31.

Hmm.  I haven't seen that hardware, unless you mean one of the
multi-card adapters that convert between USB and CF/SD/....  These do
work for me.

What doesn't work for me on a T60p, and I've seen quite a few other
reports indicating similar troubles, is using a CF to PCMCAI adapter
plugged into the PCMCIA slot of the machine.

peter