[ltp] fingerprint reader heating up (t61)

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:14:47 -0400

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 22:52 +0000, Richard Neill wrote:

> Micha wrote:
> > I've noticed lately that ocationally the fingerprint reader start to really
> > heat up. Is there a way to disable it, or make sure that it doesn't work when
> > not asked for?
> >

> On my T60p, the reader is directly above the disk drive. Are you sure
> that isn't the source of the heat?

Something similar happens on the X41 tablet, where the fingerprint
reader is built into the swivel screen.  It's still possible that some
other component (inverter for the LCD, maybe) is heating the reader and
the metal surrounding the reader conducts heat better than the plastic,
so only the reader feels hot.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com