[ltp] Temperature on the X60

Efthym linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:47:14 +0200

Hi,

Had a similar problem with my T60p (ATI V5200) running Ubuntu 7.10. CPU
was running at ~55C and GPU at ~70-75C.

Took the keyboard off and cleaned the vents of the cpu fan with a blower.
Now ...
#cat /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal
temperatures:   45 31 36 60 -128 -128 -128 -128 38 45 43 -128 -128 -128
-128 -128
		^	 ^
That's about 10 degrees difference !!! I think even the fan runs at lower
speed now (~3000) on idle.

Hope this helps