[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #1939 - 16 msgs

Steve Newcomb linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:06:41 -0400

By contrast, I've enjoyed excellent service from IBM in the
US for our T60s.  I had the fan get too noisy; the
technician replaced it here at our home 2 days later, having
driven 3.5 hours to get here.  Then I had the DVD burner go
bad.  I had the replacement in my hand on the 2nd business
day, as promised.  All part of the on-site service contract,
which I would recommend to anyone, and which is the only
reason we keep buying things that say "IBM" on them (even if
they're actually "Lenovo").  I'm gathering from your note,
Peter, that things are very different in Europe.  Is IBM the
service provider there?